Don't let an unlicensed contractor ruin a great project.
Do your research before you hire a contractor:
- Do they have a Minnesota state license?
- Have they been involved in lawsuits or criminal charges?
- Decide exactly what you want from your project, including materials.
- Compare bids from more than one contractor.
- Talk to previous customers.
- Get a detailed written contract.
- Hiring a contractor for storm repair.
Contractor Recovery Fund
You have financial protection only if you hire a licensed contractor.
Licensed residential building contractors are covered by the Contractor Recovery Fund. The fund reimburses consumers who suffer financial losses as a result of a licensed contractor's misconduct.
- View more tips for hiring a contractor.
- Contact email@example.com or 651-284-5069.