Builder Expo & Continuing Education Class
The Builder Expo will be held on January 24, 2020. Attendees will earn 7 hours of continuing education credits as well as have the opportunity to visit with vendors and view the latest products and services available in the industry during the Expo.
Builder Continuing Education Class
7 hours of CE credits: This class will include 1 hour focused on MN Rules Chapter 1322, Residential Energy Code as required by State Statute for MN licensed contractors.
Building Blocks 2020
Instructed by: Andy Schreder, Chief Building Official - Rum River Construction Consultants
The most common source of building failure is water intrusion. Fortunately it can be effectively minimized through integration of exterior materials. We will examine code and manufacturers’ installation criteria for roofing, wall cladding and flashing details. Time will also be spent exploring several new innovations in building materials and processes.
One hour of education on the MN Energy Code is also included as stipulated for Licensed General Contractors Continuing Education requirements.
Topics to be discussed include:
· Code adoption update
· MN State Energy Code: air barrier, attic bypasses; foundation insulation requirements; closed cell foam
· Exterior Overview, Code References
· Roof Details: roof deck, underlayment, coverings, installation & common pitfalls
· Wall Cladding: water resistive barrier; types, products, approvals & installation criteria; flashing
· Footing / Foundation Options & Advances: diamond & helical pier
· Concrete Reinforcement Innovations: fiberglass rebar, approvals & installation limitations
ONLINE: Click Here or on the Register button above
CALL: LRBA at (218) 847-0699.